Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Potato Soup

Here is a recipe that I have been making for years that I am not even sure where I ever learned to make it. I just know it is yummy good and can be tinkered with depending on what you have on hand.

Potato Soup

Ingredients:
6 potatoes diced
1 cup chopped onion
2 carrots thin sliced
2 ribs of celery thin sliced
4 cups chicken broth
¼ cup of flour
1 ½ cup of milk

Toss the potatoes, onion, carrots, celery and chicken broth in the crockpot on high. Cook until done, 2-3 hours should be good. Mix the milk and flour together like you would for milk gravy and add to the soup. Let it boil until thick and then turn on low to keep warm and serve.

Once again, no picture because I was not thinking of even posting this one but it is such a comfort food for a chilly fall day.

No comments: