Thursday, April 07, 2005

Spring is Here!

Well, I am quite certain now that Spring has arrived in my little corner of the universe. The temps are hanging in the the low to mid 60s, the breezes are light and the rain minimal.

Not sure the minimal rain is a good thing or a bad thing. For the local farmers (of which my son is one of them) it is probably a bad thing. The word 'drought' is being used more and more as the seasonal wheel turns. Seems that just the word being used by the media is already driving prices of farm commodities up. Once again good for some and not so good for others.

On the other hand I was bit for the first time by a mosquito this passt Sunday and they are HUGE this year. A drought would effectivly cut down the mosquito population and that would be a good thing, at least for me right now. I stress the words 'right now' because if the drought persists, the price of food will go up, up, up. While that may not be affacet me immediately, it will eventually and more than likely sooner than I anticipate.

Guess the moral of this little rant is this. The Wheel keeps turning and there is always some sort of balance to it, ying and yang if you will. Always the good, the bad and the ugly keeping things in balance.

No comments: