Sunday, September 29, 2013

Beautiful Fall Day

It is a beautiful fall day here in Southern Minnesota and a great day for a drive. Met up with family and friends in the big town of Cleveland, Minnesota. Lo and behold there was a little Hey by George pumpkin patch set up at the one and only local convenience store and gas station.

They had a wide variety of pumpkins and gourds, some of which I had never seen before. There were also books about Hey by George and home grown popcorn, corn shocks and straw bales.

Since I live in an apartment, the corn shocks and straw bales are pretty much out. I did get some of the home grown popcorn, a couple of gourds and another pumpkin. We love popcorn and the gourds were just too cool to pass up, at least I limited myself to 2 of them. Just had to have another pumpkin too. After all, you pretty much need a pumpkin for carving and a pumpkin for eating... right? All these treasures for under $15, not a bad deal at all.

Thinking the eating pumpkin is going to turn into pumpkin butter. Will let you know how that turns out. By then I will have had a chance to try the popcorn too.

Closing with a picture of my treasures from the farm and the pumpkin patch.


No comments: